Wednesday, February 4, 2009

The Library at Corriverton Baptist Church

I have been working on the library at the Church here. It appeared that someone shuffled the books as they were not in any semblance of order. I have the books all neatly on the shelves in most areas but am working on the children's section and young adult sections. I want the children's books on their eye level so I have to move them off of the top 2 shelves. I have to try to get the non-fiction out of the fiction area so they can be found. Many books don't have numbers or they have fallen off, many don't have cards or sometimes pockets. Unfortunately, there have been some literal book worms munching on some so they have to be removed. It is a long process. Besides that the accession book is missing all except for one page, so they need to be re-listed. That will be a major undertaking. I'm not sure I will get it done but maybe someone can follow me and finish. I have the promise of a member of the Church who is a librarian in the local library to help me on several days. I have had the library open for 2 afternoons and had a couple children come in to get books. I also had another child show up after it was closed wanting books, but we were headed to #57 Mission so I couldn't help him and invited him to come back on Thursday. Pray that this resource will be used of the Lord to open conversations about the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment